Thursday, March 27, 2014

Capture Your 365 - Week 9







Day 54 - Crowded Around    Gathered | Huddled | Many




(The prompt suggested using a phone today.   I wasn't able to get my hands on a camera phone so I had to use my big camera for this one.)

This was taken very late in the afternoon.  There wasn't much light so I used the flash (which I don't normally do).

I noticed a group of little black ants crowding around some crumbs.

Most people probably would have cleaned this up when they saw it, but I took a photo instead.  I guess that's what makes me a photographer.  LOL

Camera: Canon 7D    Lens: Canon EF 100mm f2.8L macro    Settings: ISO 2500, f2.8, 1/250 sec.



Day 55 - Predictable    Expected | Likely | Anticipated




I can almost always predict that where there's one, I will find the other close by.

It's also predictable that I will take a photo.

Camera: Canon 7D    Lens: Canon EF 50mm f1.4    Settings: ISO 4000, f3.5, 1/250 sec.



Day 56 - Bittersweet    Mixed | Chocolate | Nostalgic




Dark chocolate with hazelnuts.

I arrived home late last night and hadn't even decided what to do for the prompt.  So I looked in the fridge, found some dark chocolate and arranged it on a chopping board underneath the brightest light in the kitchen.

I would have liked to say that no harm came to the subject of my photo shoot ..............................but it was delicious.

Camera: Canon 7D    Lens: Canon EF 100mm f2.8L macro    Settings: ISO 6400, f8.0, 1/30 sec.



Day 57 - Admire    Appreciate | Like | Respect




Today was the day I almost gave up my photo a day project.  It usually happens around this time of year when all of the family commitments get a little too busy.  The last few days I have been taking images at night which is not what I like to do.  But I don't want to give up this time.  So I tried something simple - a definition from the dictionary.

Camera: Canon 7D    Lens: Canon EF 100mm f2.8L macro    Settings: ISO 2500, f3.5, 1/250 sec.



Day 58 - Seize The Moment    Carpe Diem | Present | Now




We are living in constant mess but I must remind myself that the puppies won't be puppies for much longer.  So it's as good a time as any to 'Seize The Moment'.

Camera: Canon 7D    Lens: Canon EF-S 18 - 200mm @18mm f3.5 - 5.6    Settings: ISO 5000, f3.5, 1/125 sec.



Day 59 - Keep Going    Persevere | Endure | Press On




When I saw the prompt, I thought of using one of my favourite quotes from the Harry Potter series:

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."
~ Albus Dumbledore ~

Camera: Canon 7D    Lens: Canon EF 100mm f2.8L macro    Settings: ISO 1000, f3.5, 1/200 sec.



Day 60 - Step Outside    Natural | Outdoor | In The Street




Self-portrait day again.

For this image, my daughter was acting my stand in so I could try and get the focus right.  When I jumped in the frame, it didn't quite work, but I decided to use this shot because it reminds me of the fun we were having.  This photo was taken in my backyard.

Camera: Canon 7D    Lens: Canon EF 50mm f1.4    Settings: ISO 320, f5.0, 1/800 sec.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate your comments.

Nikki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...